Friday, March 30, 2012

[Songs My Son Should Know] Metallica | Master of Puppets

Here is a fun fact:  It takes exactly 8 mins, 35 seconds for a man to put on his wedding suit, drink two Solo cups of Brooklyn Lager, push the jangly nerves from his body through the musical enterprise of great friends, and get profusely excited about walking the few, rainy blocks through the bustle of  NYC on the way to marry the loveliest woman to have ever let him see how her garden grows.

Of course, the meter by which this aggregated oddity is measured, is the elapsed time of  the best pre-wedding/fraternity haze jam ever to be disgorged from the craw of Mephistopheles ...



 Fuckin, amirite?

I really have to thank my old pal, Sanders, for recognizing a precarious pre-sitch wedding freak-out in which I was apparently experiencing, despite my insistence that I was feeling pretty fuckin' peachy.  I mean, I thought I was.  I was just fine, dude.

But like putting on a seatbelt before driving off with Augie Garrido, you get a wisdom-punch to the gut that insists this was just the correct call.  A little thrash metal is just the ticket, mate.  Now let's go get fucking married!

Who knows if someday that I'm that too-weird dad that awkwardly urges the playing of this epic anthem before Enzo's big moment.  God, I hope not.  Hopefully, he will keep the company of fellows who will sort him out in dodgy situations, playing him R-A-W-K to calm his nerves when the usual puss-rock and soul revival that we all hold dear won't cut it. 

But ultimately, this is my lesson to him -- and that is, don't forget to play the salve, either.  Master of Puppets can begin your arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment